Trevor's Tank, Mount Abu
Crocodile & Wildlife Sanctuary
Trevor’s Tank is a picturesque location just 5 kilometers from the main town of Mount Abu, and one of the Mount Abu region’s most popular tourist destinations. It is a nature lover’s paradise that is named after the British engineer who built it.
Trevor, the British engineer who built it, was dedicated to building a beautiful place for people to enjoy and watch nature. At Trevor’s Tank you can see and enjoy the following:
- The man made tank (referred to as Trevor’s Tank after the British engineer who built it) that is used to breed crocodiles
- A visit to Trevor’s Tank offers picturesque scenery and a multitude of views. If you visit Trevor’s tank, you should pack a picnic. It is a popular picnic destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Trevor’s Tank contains many purpose built viewing stations that offer you the unique opportunity to watch the plentiful wildlife in their natural habitat. This is a very popular night time activity.
- If you visit Trevor’s Tank during the right season, and you are very quiet, you may be lucky enough to spot one of the wild black bears that inhabit the region.
- Birdwatcher’s from throughout the world flock to Trevor’s Tank because it is a dream location and there are a lot of bird species. If you spend long enough there you could spot pigeons, peacocks and partridges, amongst the rich hills and thick forest.
The Mount Abu region in Rajasthan offers a lot to see and do. There are a lot of man made beauties- consisting of temples and other tourist spots. However, the beautiful scenic views, the native flora and the native fauna offer a nature lover’s paradise. If you are a person that appreciates natural beauty, then Trevor’s Tank here at Mount Abu is the perfect place for you to visit on your holiday in Mount Abu. It is also advisable to go for a picnic or a adventure tour (with help of a local guide) and a full day outing at this beautiful location.