- BrahmaKumari's Dadi Prakashmani Cremated...
- Delwara's Beauty Can Now Be Captured
- Developmental Activities To Be Banned Near Mount Abu
- Eco Tourism Picks Up Steam At Mount Abu
- Eco-sensitive zone brings back bats to Mount Abu
- Exploring the last virgin forest trails..
- Festive Mood At Ambaji, Pilgrims Turn Up In Droves
- Melody, Mastiis Season's Mantra
- Mogli Land in Mount Abu
- Mount Abu Declared Eco-Sensitive Zone
- Mount Abu Master Zonal Plan Draft 2030 Files
- Revised Mount Abu Zonal Master Plan 2030
- Salgaon dam, Mt Abu's life line
- Summer Festival - May 2008
- The Road That Leads To Mount Abu
- The benign aura of Mount Abu
- Winter Festival 2008 & Security tightened in Mount Abu for New Year
- Recent posts
BrahmaKumari's Dadi Prakashmani Cremated...
Rajyogini Dadi Prakashmani, the chief administrative head of Prajapati Brahmakumari Ishwarya Vishwa Vidhyalaya popurarly known as "Dadima" passed away here today. In 1969, Dadi Prakashmani was appointed Chief Administrative Head of the Brahma Kumaris when the organization was still a national entity. With generosity of spirit and unlimited vision as her prime motivators she has been able to guide the organization in its tremendous global growth. For her, administering so many centers in so many countries is like being a guardian to a global family. When asked “how do you manage?” she replies with a smile which fuses lightness with authority: “Like a family, the basis of this organisation is love, and it flourishes because it is nourished with trust and respect”. Her mortal remains have been kept for ‘darshan’ in the Diamond hall of Shantiwan house. The body would be taken to Pandav Bhawan tomorrow at 9.00 am, the international headquarters of the sect and kept at the central hall of Om shanti Bhawan to enable people to pay their tributes. Her body would then be brought back to the Diamond hall of Shantiwan house. The cremation would be held at on Monday. Dadi Prakashmani was born in 1922 in Hyderabad in Sindh province. In 1950, she left Pakistan and came to Mount Abu where she set up Madhuan, the head quarters of the sect. In 1969, Dadi Prakashmani set up the centres of Brahmakumari in India and in other 80 countries. Amongst thousands of BK supporters top religious, spiritual and political leaders paid her homage at Shantivan, Chief Minister Narender Modi was also present at the time of cremation at AbuRoad.